ALL ABOUT TESCO

ALL ABOUT TESCO

Reflective report by Yen Hong



During my semester break, my friend and I have went to Tesco Hypermarket in Puchong to undergoes some research to finish up our Tesco Integrated Project.

Through this integrated project, I was able to solve problems and challenge that are formed outside the box. From this integrated project , I have particularly noticed that teamwork and cooperating with each other is essential in making this project a success. They are truly remarkable as they have showed persistent and dedication to finish up this project, not to mention they have encourage and enlighten me throughout the entire process of finishing this project. College is entirely different compare to high school. In high school, homework and project are usually done by individual, not in a group.   Therefore I am very honour and blissful that I have team up with some extraordinary partner where everyone put up their effort into finishing the project together. Nevertheless, this project have enhanced me in thinking outside the box to solve problems and challenges that I will encounter in the future. Not every problems can be solved with the guidance of a textbook. This project have showed me that some problems must be research and analyse to fully disperse the problems. For example, the CCTV coverage footage had me thinking what should the solution be in resolving the lack of CCTV in some particular area. Therefore what Taylor's Graduate Capabilities (TGC) can linked to this is thinking and problem solving skill. This new skill I have learned is crucial for me as I believe it will help me in the future to solve problems and challenges that cannot be resolve easily. Besides that, through this project I have learned that in the business world, ones must not just be a master in accounting, but must be a master in all four key elements, which is accounting, business enterprise, economies and IT.  These occurs much due to the globalisation of the world that forced us to be knowledgeable in these few criteria. Thus, I have learned that if I want to be successful in the business world after I graduate in Taylors, I must study hard and fully understand all the teaching that the lecturer will teach me in the future.

Through this project, one TGC that I accomplished is communication skill. Communication skill is defines as a process of transferring messages to people in various methods, not only to the senders and also the receivers. I realised that my English had improved immensely when I am interacting with my teammates even though English is my biggest challenge especially in communicating with others because I have been interacting with others using Chinese my entire life. However, I am glad that I have a bunch of teammates who are very keen to help, correct and supervise me in my speaking as well as pronunciation in order to communicate with others. I am very conservative in the past whereas now I have the courage to approach people because I have slightly master the communication skills. To be honest, this is the biggest achievement that I have gained because communication skill cannot be mastered individually. Communication skills established and modified the relationship between us. Although sometimes we have not been using English to communicate as this still prove to be a barrier for me but I am now determined to come out with ideas when we are writing essays. What I have noticed was the difference between our group and others is we prefer to sit down together to discuss about the project instead of separating the work loads. Thus I believe that communication skills are important when I come out to the society to contribute after my studies.
  Interpersonal skills are crucial when we are doing this project. Interpersonal skill is defined as an ability to get along with others. A good interpersonal skill is not needed only in this project but also in a daily basis throughout life. Despite how good a person's result is, if a person lack of interpersonal skills, he/she will not work with others peacefully. He/she will also would not receive any respect for other co-worker For an instance, if one of our group members do not have a good interpersonal skill, we will not have completed our project smoothly as there would have be many argument among ourselves. Honestly, I have made a very big improvement because I don't dare to interact with others in the past as I am a timid guy but now, I even took the initiative to talk to others. I can now interact positively with others and this is also very important when working or cooperating with others. This project has really changes me tremendously because working in a group is not an easy task for me in the past. I have stepped out of my comfort zone to interact with people. In the near future and even now, interpersonal skills is important because there will be many more group work that have to be done with various people when I further my education. Not only this, when I go out apply for a job, employers will also look for my interpersonal skills instead of results. A person with good interpersonal skill will definitely be more endearing than others because first impression is very important.

Lastly, I am proud to say that this project will not be done successfully without my teammates. I could say that throughout this project, I am now become a better person. In the end, I would want to thanks my lecturer and teamwork for helping me making this project a success. You all have my gratitude, you all are truly remarkable.