ALL ABOUT TESCO

ALL ABOUT TESCO

Reflective report by Kai Wen

After finishing this integrated project with my group members, I have gained few learning experiences. First and foremost, I learnt that cooperation is vital to finish up something tough. My group members and I went to Tesco to gather information for the integrated project. We separated into 2 groups to carry out our jobs. In my group, I followed the instructions of my members. After we finished gathering the information, we went to the house of one of the group members; he also cooperated with us by providing his house as the gather place to do the integrated assignment. We shared our computers to do the assignment. We also finished our parts in time. As a conclusion, the whole process of finishing up the integrated project was smooth because all of us worked together.

Next, I have also learnt that the communication between a group’s members is crucial to finish up a project. We used online communication applications like Whatsapp and Skype when we were doing the project. Suggestions and ideas were given by group members; we negotiated and chose the best idea to be used as the answer. There were also some arguments between the group members but we were able to compromise each other. Everyone in the group contributed in different ways. Before submitting the assignment, we checked the answers and all of us agreed to the answers. We also knew more about each other while doing the assignment and our friendship has improved. In a nutshell, I realise the communication between me and my group members is a key for us to finish the project in terms of agreement. 

The Taylor’s Graduate Capability 5.1 (TGC5.1), which understands team dynamics and work with others in a team, is achieved because I learnt the importance of cooperation in a team to execute something. Situations like separating the jobs when doing the assignment was settled because everyone agreed to their jobs was separated fairly, everyone cooperated and helped each other when there was problem doing the assignment. For example, one of my group members guided me on doing my part of assignment because I was not strong in that subject.
Moreover, Taylor’s Graduate Capability 4.1 (TGC4.1) was acquired. I communicated appropriately in various settings and modes with my group mates when we were doing the assignment. I communicated with my group mates in a polite way, we were all open minded, we were not selfish, we considered every idea that was suggested by everyone. There were some arguments occurred but we were able to work out of it. One of our group members almost left our group because of idea crushing, we negotiated and the misunderstood was adjudicated.

Lastly, after finishing the assignment, I attained Taylor’s Graduate Capability 8.0 (TGC 8.0). I effectively used Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and related technologies. I used computer device and I-pad to complete the assignment. I also shared my information with my group mates in my gadgets when we were doing the assignment for convenient. I also used the camera of a group member to capture information needed in Tesco. We also used our computers to search related information of Tesco.   

These learning experiences I had gained after finishing the integrated assignment will be crucial for me in the near future. The way to collaborate with other people that I had learnt will be useful for me because I still have to work together with other people in the future. It will be a big benefit for me in the future since I know how to cooperate with other people when doing something together. Other than that, people will like to work with me if they know I am a cooperating person, it will be an advantage because I have more opportunity to work more in the future.


      On the other hand, the communication skill that I learnt is a key of success in my future. These communication skills are important for me when I am in the community of every aspect. A person with good communication skills can help to reduce the barrier erected because of the difference in languages and cultures. I can also form high efficient team in my company in the future. I can a good manager and lead my company to success. Then, I can be the middle person between a manager and employees, I can settle misunderstand between employees. If I have good communication skill, every people who work together for me will like to work with me, I will not be boycotted by my colleagues. This lead to a positive lifestyle, if I have a bad time in my work, I can find colleagues to share my feelings, they can share their thou