ALL ABOUT TESCO

ALL ABOUT TESCO

Reflective report by Teck Lee


     Integrated project is an assignment that combines all our subjects in the semester under one theme. The main target of this integrated project is to focus on Tesco Hypermarket. Our group is required to visit Tesco to carry out investigation and to do research. Integrated project is a task which is done together in a group or in a team. Therefore, I am expecting every member of my group can take part and contribute to this integrated project.

Throughout this integrated project, I have gained various learning experiences that can benefit me in the future. One of the learning experiences that I have acknowledged is that teamwork is very important when it comes to work as a group. I do believe that teamwork is the key to team success. I like to work as a group from my past experiences because goals are easily achieved. I always have high expectation on my group members. While doing this integrated project, I had witnessed that my group members are really putting their effort in this project. Gratefully, My group members and I are able to cope with each other in this integrated project. I do believe that we can accomplish this integrated project together. However, a member is being quite lazy but I know that laziness is part of human nature so we will try our best to help and motivate him.



Furthermore, These learning experiences are linked with Taylor’s Graduate Capabilities(TGC). My first learning experience teamwork which is linked with interpersonal skills,TGC 5.0 under soft skills. Interpersonal skills mean that able to understand team dynamics and work with others in a team. In my past high school life, I always ask my group members to do the works in a way of commanding them. I did not take time to understand capabilities of my group members. I am afraid that my members are not contributing so I am forced to command them. In the end, Objectives have completed in an unpleasant condition. No exception in this integrated project. At first, I did not realize my weakness but thankfully a member has corrected me. From this project, I had learned to understand my group dynamics and interact well with others. We are now able to work pleasantly together to finish this given task.

Another learning experience that I have gained throughout this project is verbal communication. At first, I was unable to communicate with my group members because I did not talk in proper manner way. My members are afraid to talk to me because I do not really accept the point given by them. In this situation, my members have lost their confidence to speak with me. I learned from my mistake and started to change my way of speaking. Therefore, I am able to cope and speak with my group members. In addition, my second learning experience communication is linked with communication skills, TGC 4.0 under soft skills. Communication means the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.. A good communication skill can improve the outcome and work things out as well. My group members are able to send clarity and fluent messages. A good communication skill can foster our relationship and give a better understanding of each other.




Besides, I have gained a learning experience which is we must have a solid basic knowledge before doing our integrated project. Work cannot be done if we do not have a basic core information. Without any solid basic knowledge, we were not able to obtain an accurate information. The first time to Tesco was wasted as we do not know what to do and do not have a solid knowledge. After several discussions , we are well prepared and went to Tesco to get further accurate information easily. My third learning experience solid basic knowledge is linked with discipline specific knowledge TGC 1.0. Discipline specific knowledge means we must have solid foundational knowledge in subjects. My group members have a solid foundational knowledge, therefore we are able to finish our work easily, effectively and efficiently. Solid foundational knowledge is a start off for every our work because we have a simple brief knowledge of it.

As a result, these learning experiences is very helpful and beneficial to me in the near future. By gaining these learning experiences, I can improve myself. Interpersonal skills will be my stepping stone towards success as I can manage to solve the problems. A person with good interpersonal skill will definitely be more endearing. A good communication skill is essential to managing and working in a productive workplace. I can evaluate what kind of person is me by communicating with others in society. Lastly, this project cannot be done without my supportive members, lectures and tutors. After a month of hard works, I can feel the satisfaction and accomplishment within me and my members.